SNACK SHACK SHIFTS
Welcome Back for another amazing spring season of baseball. Sunrise Little League is a volunteer-based league and is completely run by volunteers. We need ALL the support from every family to ensure the Sunrise Snack Shack is a success this season.
Our Snack Shack is a source of revenue for our league, and something all our families enjoy. The money we earn helps keep our registration costs down and helps fund improvements to our facility. Please read carefully to ensure you understand the policy of the Snack Shack and for you to receive your deposits back.
1. Each family is required to complete 2 shifts per child.
2. Managers and Board Members are only exempt from 1 shift. Assistant coaches, team parents, score keepers and pitch counters are required to complete the regular required shifts.
3. Each shift is approximately 3-4 hours depending on the day of the week. Weekday shifts a slightly longer than weekend shifts.
4. Forfeiting your deposit:
o You fail to sign up for your required number of shifts,
o You fail to show up for your assigned shift,
o The teen hire fails to show for your assigned shift,
o You arrive more than 15-20 minutes late and/or you leave early from your shift
o You fail to wear the appropriate attire for your shift (closed toed shoes, hat and appropriate face covering)
5. No cancellations will be allowed PERIOD.
o If you sign up for a shift and the day is locked in signup.com you will be required to find a teen or another adult to work your shift.
6. Teen Hire list will be provided by your team parent / manager, or a copy will be placed inside the snack shack.
o This list is provided as a courtesy only and the teens have been provided the proper training.
o You can hire your own teen to cover your shift, but it’s your responsibility to provide them the training to work your shift.
o Teen Hires must be age appropriate: 15 or older can work Front Counter and Rover; 17 or older can work Grill, Fryer and Supervisor
o Teen Hires will provide you with their fee they charge to cover the shift
7. Please check the game schedule and your calendar for possible conflicts before selecting your shift. Any conflicts are your responsibility. NO EXCEPTIONS!
8. All snack shack volunteers MUST wear closed toed shoes and a hat.
o All volunteers must wear the appropriate face covering at all times for their shift. Face coverings are still a requirement per the LADPH.
o If you arrive without proper attire, you will not be allowed to complete your shift and your check will be cashed.
9. Only sign up for the required number of shifts.
10. If your shift is cancelled due to inclement weather and the fields are closed, you will be required to rescheduleyour shift.
11. All shifts will be required to be scheduled by April 1st 2022
12. Signup.com sends out an initial email when you sign up; an additional email is sent 2 days prior to your scheduled shift.
o It is not the snack shack’s fault if you fail to add your shifts to your own calendar
o If you fail to show for your scheduled shift, your deposit check will be cashed
Snack Shack Supervisors
1. Each team is required to provide 2 supervisors and cover a total of 4 shifts. If each team is not able to supply 2 supervisors, the team need to hire a supervisor to complete the shifts.
2. All new supervisors must complete the food handlers’ course and pass the final exam.
a. Food handlers’ cards are free – email [email protected]sunrisebaseball.com to receive the website link and token.
b. Food handlers’ cards are good for 3 years
3. Supervisors are needed to open and close the snack shack, if no supervisor signs up the snack shack cannot open.
Any questions please call or text the Snack Shack Committee at (818) 284-4644 or email [email protected]sunrisebaseball.com. Please be aware we all have children that play and some of us do other volunteer positions with our children’s teams in addition to our day jobs. We will do our best to respond to you at our earliest opportunity.
Please pay close attention as there are 3 links for volunteer positions in the signup.com app. BELOW are the following instructions for opening day spots, regular season and supervisors
We're using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUpand reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click the respective links below to take you to SignUp.com:
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
OPENING DAY SIGNUP: https://signup.com/go/uRJxnCB
SPRING SEASON SNACK SHACK SIGNUP: https://signup.com/go/ZKJrogJ
SUPERVISOR SIGN UP: https://signup.com/go/AEVwJHy
We need your help to make this a great fun and exciting season for our kids and families
Your Snack Shack Committee