Dear Sunrise Little League Friends and Families,
Due to inclement weather conditions, we regret to inform you that the Sunrise Little League Opening Ceremonies and Parade, previously scheduled for February 25th, have been rescheduled to Saturday, March 4th. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this rescheduling.
As of now, no games have been cancelled, and any game cancellations will be announced by the league when it has been determined that it would not be safe to go forward with the games. We ask that you remain as flexible as possible and keep your teams up to date as well.
We understand that the unpredictability of our weather may pose difficulties, but we will keep in contact and keep you updated as timely as possible. The league prefers not to have to reschedule games, as that is a complicated process that is best avoided if at all possible. Please be patient and understand that the league will do whatever it has to in order to make sure that all Spring 2023 Season games are played.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your truck rental for your floats, please be sure to do so now so that you do not incur any additional fees. Please note that Sunrise Little League is not responsible for these costs.
Regarding games on March 4th, all games currently scheduled will be pushed up to the next time slot. So an 8:00AM game will now be a 10:30AM game, and the 10:30AM game will now be a 1:00PM game. If a game is cancelled or rescheduled, ONLY THE LEAGUE will post or cancel games on GameChanger. Managers/Team Parents/Coaches should only post or cancel practices.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Let's hope for better weather on March 4th and an excellent start to the Spring 2023 Season.
Yours in baseball,
President – Sunrise Little League
Teams will meet for the Parade on Saturday, March 4th at 6:15 a.m. at the WESTFIELD AMC THEATERS PARKING LOT - 21801 OXNARD STREET. Please do not come before 6:15 a.m. See attached AMC parking lot map and parade route. All floats should use the entrance from Oxnard St., between Topanga and Owensmouth. The parade will begin approximately at 7:15 am, so be sure to arrive on time to decorate! As soon as the fire truck arrives, the parade will begin with our LAPD escort performing traffic control.
The driver of the float can be the Manager, Coach, or other team family member. Usually a trailer is rented, but some use commercial trucks that have large truck beds. Whatever works for your team and décor. Often the manager and coaches are not the driver since they are on the float with the team. While decorating your float is not mandatory, prizes will be awarded for the best ones! Floats will be judged for creativity, presentation, and team spirit.
Below is a list of items that teams typically bring Saturday morning. Start a conversation on GameChanger message.
- 1-2 folding tables to put everything on, trash bags, tape, scissors, foldable step stools, ladders if you have items that will be high, string/rope/zip ties to tie items to the float, balloons, streamers, team banner/signs/decor, hay bales with blanket or bench for the young kids to be able to see over high walled trucks, chairs...
- Breakfast options: This year the Sunrise Snack Shack will have a Pancake Breakfast held at Sunrise, available for pre-purchase https://sunrisebaseball.square.site/product/bucket-of-pancake-balls/191
- If your team decides to also take breakfast to the AMC Parking Lot, some suggestions are donuts and/or donut holes, fresh fruit, bagels and cream cheese, coffee, hot chocolate, orange juice, small plates, cups, napkins and plastic knives for the cream cheese, paper towels and trash bags.
- No pets allowed, either at AMC or Sunrise.
- Nothing is to be thrown from the floats during the parade. This means no candy, beads, balloons, streamers, or other items. There is absolutely no food, candy, or drinks on the float while the float is on the parade route.
- Clean Up – We need to remove all our trash from the parking lot. Please use the trash bags your team brings to gather your trash and then take the trash offsite. It is a good idea to assign someone to make sure your area is completely clean!
- Players, Managers, and Coaches should be in uniform. It will be cold at 6:15am so have a few layers under their uniform.
- No cleats on the floats, just sneakers! If your team has a game that day, bring cleats for the game.
- There are no bathrooms at the AMC parking lot, so make sure everyone goes before they get there.
- Only the team, Manager, Coaches, Team Parent, and driver are allowed on the float with the kids.
- There will be NO PARKING AT SUNRISE. Everyone will need to park at the Metro parking lot across the street or find street parking.
- Families should start to leave by 7:10 am to go back to Sunrise so they can cheer our teams coming down the parade route. We encourage families to line up at any point during the parade route. Coupons for free ICEEs will be given out along parade route! Cars cannot drive next to the floats as traffic will be stopped by LAPD.
OPENING CEREMONY INFORMATION
The Opening Day Ceremony will be held at Sunrise Little League on Robert Gaynor Field immediately following the parade. During the ceremony we will recognize our departing 12-year-olds (bring tissue), announce the raffle and award winners, along with other acknowledgments.
Once the players arrive back to Sunrise, they need to be escorted to the field and seated by division (there will be signs). Behind them will be our 12-year-old Jacket Families (Reserved Area), and the outfield will be open seating for everyone to view the ceremony. Anyone sitting in the outfield can bring chairs/blankets to sit.
As mentioned, our Snack Shack will be providing a pancake breakfast option to buy this year! Ordering in advance helps us out and saves you money!
Sunrise Little League T-shirts will be sold on Opening Day
T-shirts will list all teams and their players by division.
Please send photos to our social media site at: Upload Photos Here!
Have fun and have a great season at Sunrise Little League!
GO TO SUNRISEBASEBALL.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION
And Follow us on Social media